‘Digital Capacity Building of Mental Health Organisations’ GAMIAN – Europe Annual Convention & General Assembly
Friday 22nd – Sunday 24th September 2017
Venue: Park Inn by Radisson Szekszárdi Utca 16 -18 Budapest, Hungary
Friday, 22 September 2017
Arrival of Board Members and participants
16.00 – 18.00: Board Meeting
19.30 – 21.00: Dinner and European Personality Award presented by Hilkka Kärkkäinen, President of GAMIAN-Europe
Saturday, 23 September 2017
07.30 – 09.00: Breakfast
09.00 – 09.05: Welcome by Hilkka Kärkkäinen, President of GAMIAN-Europe
09.05 – 09.15: Introduction
09.15 – 09.25: Digital communication: how do mental health organisations fare in comparison to other disease areas?
- Presentation of Patient View benchmark report
- Focus on a few Best Practice cases
09.25 – 09.40: Overview of results on GAMIAN-Europe’s digital capabilities and recommendations
- Overview of the results of survey monkey
- Three things you can do in digital to support fundraising (how much it costs and how long it takes)?
- Three things you can do to support advocacy digital communication (and how much it costs)?
09.40 – 10.00: How can GAMIAN-Europe support your organisation?
- What is GAMIAN-Europe’s plan in digital communication and support to members?
- What are the upcoming projects and campaigns that members can join?
10.00 – 10.30: Coffee break
10.30 – 12.00: Workshop
- Group 1-2: what are the needs of GAMIAN-Europe members to start up digital platforms? What support would the members need from GAMIAN-Europe?
- Group 2-4: what are the three recommendations in the digital space GAMIAN-Europe can provide to support World Mental Health Day in the workplace?
- Group 5-6: How can we use technology to support fundraising?
12.00 – 13.30: Lunch Break
13.30 – 13.45: What role can patient organisations play to improve access to health care?
Perspective from EUPATI representative *Nicola Bedlington, EPF
13.45 – 14.00: Perspective from another disease area on the role of patient organisations in
European Medicines Agency (EMA) and Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
14.00 – 14.15: Perspective from GAMIAN-Europe: our role in European Medicines Agency (EMA):
– Why it is important? What do we get out of it and what is the role of our members?
(Perspective from István Gallai and Dániel Merey from Awakenings Foundation)
14.15 – 14.25: Closing of the Session
14.25 – 14.45: Coffee break
14.45 – 15.10: General Assembly
15.10 – 16.00: Best practice discussion: Presentation of those good practices that applied for the GAMIAN- Europe Good Practices award 2017
16.00 – 17.30: Coffee break
17.30 – 18.30: Executive Committee Meeting
19.30 – 21.30: Dinner and Pedro Montellano Good Practice Award
Sunday, 24 September 2017
07.00 – 09.00: Breakfast
09.30 – 11.00: Visit the Headquarters of Awakening Foundation and discussion on Mental Health in Hungary and nearby countries. Venue: Awakening Foundation
11.00 – 11.15: Coffee break and departure of participants
With the support of