The meeting report provides a comprehensive overview of the event, including the keynote presentation from the Commissioner for Health and Food Safety Stella Kyriakides, interventions from several MEPS, and relevant NGO stakeholders, highlighting the importance of a collaborative and multi-sectoral approach to mental health.
Some of the key insights from the report include:
- The need for a holistic approach to mental health, encompasses the prevention, early intervention, treatment, and recovery support.
- The importance of investing in mental health research to better understand the root causes, develop innovative interventions, and monitor the effectiveness of policies and programmes.
- The necessity of involving people with lived experience of mental health issues in the policy-making process, to ensure that policies and practices are tailored to the needs of the people they serve.
- Prioritising mental health in national health policies and budgets.
- Developing and implementing policies and programmes that promote mental health and well-being in the workplace, schools, and communities.
- Ensuring equitable access to mental health services and reducing the treatment gap.
GAMIAN-Europe are committed to using the insights and recommendations from the meeting report to influence policy changes and improve mental health care across Europe. We invite all interested parties to read the report and join us in our mission to create a healthier and more inclusive society.