Job opening: Policy and Communications Assistant
GAMIAN-Europe is a non-profit, patient-driven, pan-European organisation, representing and advocating for the interests and rights of persons affected by mental ill-health. We have over 60 member organisations, in 26 European countries. Our main activities include awareness-raising, education, and capacity building. Many of our advocacy activities are carried out via the MEP Alliance for Mental Health, which GAMIAN-Europe coordinates. We are also involved in several EU-Research projects, representing the patient voice in mental health research.
About the position
We are currently recruiting a “Communications and Policy Assistant” (paid internship) to join our team in Brussels for 6 months. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the team regarding project management, communications, policy research and administrative duties.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Conduct research on policy developments in the field of health and mental health
- Help manage website and social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Provide support with organising MEP Alliance for Mental Health events (e.g. contacting speakers)
- Write articles / blogs on mental health for website
- Support with GAMIAN-Europe’s involvement in EU-funded research projects
- Support with writing reports, conducting research and project proposals for GAMIAN-Europe projects
- Contribute to membership engagement strategy and initiatives
- Help organise GAMIAN-Europe events and conferences
- Attend conferences and events to network and report back
- Project management and administrative support
Required skills & qualifications for the role:
- Academic background in European studies / political science / international relations / public health
- Prior internship experience with an EU institution / consultancy / NGO / research institute or think tank is an advantage
- Strong motivation to learn and work in the field of mental health
- Good knowledge of EU institutional practices & policy-making process
- Knowledge and understanding of the field of mental health
- Social media awareness and knowledge of WordPress
- Excellent research, written and communication skills
- Proficiency in English and in at least one other EU language is an advantage.
- Flexibility and interest to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Well-organised, sociable and pro-active attitude
- Design experience is an advantage
Please note we are looking for candidates who are available immediately and will be reviewing candidates on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in applying, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The deadline for all applications is 4th October 2021.