15th Annual Educational Convention
12th – 14th October 2012 Utrecht Netherlands
In collaboration with VMDB
Hotel Mitland, Arienslaan 1, 3573 PT Utrecht
http://www.mitland.nl Tel :+31 (0)30-2715824.
Thursday 11th October 2012
Evening: Award Giving Ceremony
Friday 12th October
Opening and Introduction by Dolores Gauci (Gamian-Europe President) and Koos VanderSpan (VMDB Chairperson)
– Terje Peetso: Health and Well Being;Directorate General Communications Networks, Content and Technology European Commission
Cyril Hoschl & Silvie Hebortová (ITAREPS Czech republic): Information Technology Assisted Relapse Prevention in Schizophrenia (ITAREPS): its importance for effectiveness and wellbeing.
Afternoon – Visit to Altrecht
Altrecht is an agency for mental healthcare with various branches in the centre of the Netherlands. With a great variety of healthcare workers and types of treatment, Altrecht endeavors to help and counsel people with psychological and psychiatric problems so that they can continue to take part in daily life as well as possible.
Janwillem Renes, treatment of bipolar patients in the Netherlands
Eline Regeer, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Wilco Van Renselaer, Self-management and dialogue
Ralph Kupka, patients relation to self-management
Evening – Visit to Utrecht (Boat trip and dinner)
Saturday 13th October 2012
Keynote Speech by award winner Barbara Lopez: “Mental Health in Complex Emergencies and Natural Disasters”.
Exchanges: good practices
• SKIZ’O: The most NORMAL magazine of the Netherlands (Anoiksis)
• The Rimon School of Jazz and Contemporary Music Performs “The Other Me” With Enosh Israel
• Patients Trustees: Monitoring and Protection of Human Rights of Patients Hospitalized in Psychiatric Hospitals (Kolumbus , Civic Association of users of psychiatric care in the Czech Republic).
• Suicide Awareness and Prevention Project presented by Ozara Slovenija Life Quality National Association, Slovenia.
• Staff and Organisation Support Programme: A service promoting mental wellbeing at the workplace (Richmond Foundation)
• 4-hour conferences on various municipalities, Project organized by Families Association for Mental Health (SOPSI), in Athens, Greece.
• HOME, SWEET HOME (community based supported living) Project by SUSRET from Zagreb, Croatia.
• ‘Advokatenproject’: mental health training for lawyers, Project by Ups and Downs, Association for people with bipolar disorder and depression and their families in Belgium.
• Ema Gruber: “What mentally ill people think about Croatia entering in EU in comparison to Croatian public opinion published in the press and the public referendum results.”
General Assembly and Board Elections
Farewell Dinner and presentation of the newly elected Board and new Officers
Sunday 14th October 2012: Departure of Delegates